November 05, 2005

Throw Momma from the train

Jeepers. Train was delayed. And guess what? They had the heat blasting in Penn Station. Ummmm. It was so warm out today that I didn't need a jacket. Whew. I was sweaty and grumpy by the time my train boarded.

The train was fun... for about 3 minutes. Then I realized I couldn't read, couldn't work on the computer or even sleep. The train was too bumpy-jumpy. I think I'm sensitive today... I was so wasted/tired by the time I arrived.

It's facinating watching the world pass by from the train... you get to see things you'd never see when you drive in a car.

I laughed outloud as I walked into my Baltimore hotel room. Yeesh. I'm living the high life now. My hotel room is SO BIG! You could fit 3 of my NYC hotel rooms into this room.

Baltimore hotel

NYC hotel

The hotel has a crappy cafe that didn't have anything for me to eat and I am WAY too tired to try and find a place in town. So I hit Donna's Cafe (It's attached to this hotel/mini-mall place that I'm staying at.

What a treat. Seriously. I had a fantastic meal. The waitress was VERY kind and told me every single ingredient in my meal so I would know that it was Vegan. I ended up having pasta (could have also had a veggie burger) and it was sooo delish. Capers, artichoke hearts, eggplant, tomatoes. All fresh fresh fresh. Really yum.

They had a live jazz band playing and the entire place was mellow. I dug it.

I grabbed a local magazine to see what Baltimore has to offer and guess what? It's offering me!! I'm on the cover. *laugh* I cracked up when I saw it.


So what started as a crappy day ended up with me having a full happy belly enjoying the quiet of the country... or wherever I am. I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere, but according to mapquest I'm quite close to all the cool stuff. I guess it must be culture shock from being in NYC. It's sooooo quiet here.

I'm anxious to chill with the tv.
Later kids.

2 comments:

Carrie™ said...

You and Fergus on the cover. How sweet. Was it a good article?
I missed you at the TO Veggie Food Fair. I had to work alllll weekend :o( When are you headed back this way? If you were to hit Burlington/Oakville even better! But will settle for Toronto if that's as good as I can get.
P.S. I've put La Dolce Vegan on the top of my Christmas list in big bold letters. Santa should get the hint!

Sarah Kramer said...

ahhh. why didn't you call in sick? :)