December 08, 2005

2 for 1 movie night

So the other night Gerry and I went and saw Walk The Line.

It was pretty good. Not as good as I wanted it to be...and I LOVES me some Johnny Cash.

All through the film I just didn't care about his character. Didn't care when his brother died. Didn't care when he was hooked on pills. Didn't care about his detox. Joaquin "Vegan" Phoenix did an incredible job in the musical sequences and watching him perform the musical numbers was a real treat, but you know who carried the movie? Reese Witherspoon. She was engaging and stood out like a shiny penny in the middle of a tarnished movie. She left me wanting to know more about June Carter. In fact... I left the movie wishing that the movie was about her.

Then we walked down the hallway and met our friends Stu & Sly for Aeon Flux.

Yowza. I'm am so glad we didn't pay for this movie. It was pretty too look at and there were some interesting sets and some interesting props and you do get to see Charlize in her underpanties... so ...

Stu pointed out that it didn't even look futuristic. It looked like the entire movie was filmed on the University of Vancouver campus or something. *laugh*

I love 2 for 1 movie nights!!

2 comments:

Dog Hiking/Walking and Sleepovers said...

That's too bad about the movie, I was pretty psyched to see it. Thanks for the review. Of course Reese was awesome, she's amazing.

Sarah Kramer said...

It's still worth it to see the movie. :)