March 17, 2006

My trip to Toronto - day one and two

I arrived in Toronto around 8:30pm and Sho and Mo took me to Fresh for dinner. We were soooo hungry that I forgot to take any photos of the food. *laugh* It was yummy as usual. Fresh is a nice place to eat. I am always happy with the food and there is nothing I love more then sitting across the table from 2 of my favourite people in the world. We had a good time. The next day my good friend Jen came into town from Kingston and we went to Kengsington Market and hung out with Jen's sister Gillian. Jen's kids Kiran and Gavin were in fine form as usual...
We grabbed some lunch from Herbivore which is Fressen's sister cafe. I had a $7 sandwich. It was ok... for the amount of stuff that was in it you would think it would have been tasty. Instead it was just ... kinda ok...We also stopped in at Left Feet so I could try on shoes and say hello to Steve. I didn't end up getting any shoes (boo hoo) but I got a giant bear hug from Steve and I don't think I'll need to see a chiropractor any time soon.

Gillian dropped us off at the ROM and the kids showed me their favourite stuff. Gavin loves the Bat Cave. Kiran loves the Mummy. While I was looking at the mummy a woman walked up to me and asked me if I wrote books. I said yes and she went on and on about how she loved the books. It was pretty great, I felt like a rock star. :)I liked all the Buddhas.

Later that night Sho and I went to Hugh's Room to see Maury play with Lori Cullen. He plays bass and is amazing and it was my first time seeing Lori perform. What a voice she has... but I think Mo stole the show when he performed "Jack you're dead". I had tears in my eyes watching him play... he's so talented.

Stay tuned for day 3 of my trip...

No comments: