April 14, 2006

Fancy Bitch

My friend Erin from Fancy Bitch sent me a great book called Curly Girl.

As a woman who has struggled her entire life to tame her curls, it's just been in the last couple of years that I finally embraced my curls as they are and let them be as wild and crazy as they want to be.

The book is a really fun read and has a "free your hair, and the rest will follow" manifesto. I read it front to back in about 45 minutes and it was a treat to read and I learned a few things as well.

Congrats to Tiffany for winning the book!!
To everyone else... ya snooze... ya lose! :)


7 comments:

Carrie™ said...

As someone who has had poker straight hair her whole life, I can tell you - I envy curly girls (and boys). I used to spend countless hours at the hairdresser getting curls put in my hair, and then countless hours at home curling some more. I finally gave up. If I had curly hair, I'd let it go crazy! The wilder, the better I say!

Anonymous said...

Tee hee. My husband worked on that book. And yup, I too have curl-envy.

Kris said...

I have this book too and I love it! It's nice to have curl power! After growing up hearing "you're so lucky to have curly hair" now I can finally agree with people. I was a little weirded out to wash my hair using only conditioner, but it is so much healthier and more manageable, this woman knows her stuff!

Sarah Kramer said...

Yes. I really have grey hair.

I am 38. Most woman my age have grey hair... they just dye it. :)

Anonymous said...

NO, I love it!!!! :)

I thought that you dyed it grey. LOL.

I really think that grey is beautiful. I always have. Ask my friends.

Jacq said...

I'm the same age and I do have grey hair too... or I would if I didn't dye it. I like it coloured though. It is mousy when it is grey and makes me look old. Yours just looks cool.

I also have curly hair and I noticed this book at the library for the Community College here in town. I'll have to pick it up and read it now. :)

Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

I love that book! I have a head full of tight coils. My daughter has a looser curl.