September 29, 2006

I hate buses...

FINALLY got my turntable hooked up to my stereo and to celebrate and I have decided to listen to every single LP that I own...

To christen my new over turned leaf I put on Never Mind The Bollocks by The Sex Pistols. It's the original album I had from highschool and it's in great shape. The cover is a little faded but the lp is flawless.

God I love this band... what can I say that hasn't already been said. I still wish I had said something to Steve Jones when I saw him in LA. I wish I had told him how much his music meant to me growing up and how it changed my life.


Next I put on the soundtrack to the 1983 film Suburbia. My buddy Todd and I rented this movie so many times that we knew the lines of the movie backwards and forwards. Great soundtrack with bands like The Vandals, D.I. and T.S.O.L.

And this is an actual soundtrack ... with the movie score on one side and the live music on the other. Not like soundtracks today that are full of pop songs.

The acting in this movie is pretty silly but all the live performance stuff is fun to watch and some parts of this movie still gives me chills when I watch it... love the part when they walk up the street and across that persons car in slow motion. LOVE IT!

There are so many awesome quotes from this movie that I still use in conversation to this day... almost as many quotes as Say Anything.

Here's a little snippet for you to watch. And yes that's Flea from the RHCP ... He plays Razzle. Cue the "way back" machine...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flea was also in the second and third Back to the Future movies, too. I love those movies so much. The 80's were so fun. What's with the 90's and the 00's? No personality of their own.