August 30, 2008

The Lost Sarah Kramer Tapes ...

I listened to my Mum's cassette tape and it was amazing. I don't even have words to explain how incredible it was to listen to her. No words.

Since I now am able to transfer cassette tapes onto my computer (thank you imac)... I ran down to the storage room and pulled out a bunch of cassette tapes I made as a kid.

My parents have always encouraged me to be as creative as I could be. They would let me use the cassette recorder to record my stories. Wanting to be as professional as possible I would hole myself up in the den (the most sound proof room in the house) and I would then turn on a flashlight and put it outside the door so my family would know not to disturb me during recording.

Here's a little taste of some of them. Be warned ... there's some farting and swearing. *laugh*

10 comments:

Carol said...

"stupid and fucking....bastard!"

That was soooooooo funny!!!!

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Hilarious!

Melanie said...

That was awesome! Toot toot! Thanks for sharing.

shoshana said...

Those were adorable! I love little kids' stories.

Autumn said...

seriously, watch your mouth missy!

:)

Carrie™ said...

I had to listen to this again. OMG, sooo hilarious!

Scott said...

Priceless & very entertaining. I especially like the ending - the bad, f'ing, bastard monster. Doesn't get much better than that.

Anonymous said...

SO PRECIOUS. I hope my kids turn out as adorable and innocently "foul-mouthed".

vegannikki said...

I loved it, how cute. I think its so cute when kids swear but I dont tell them.

Krista said...

Sarah...you were too funny! Absolutely priceless.
xox

Anonymous said...

Effing Bastard!

I too have tapes from when I was about four . . . singing songs, telling stories and what not. No effing bastard monsters though.