December 29, 2008

What a dummy!

I was looking for my purse this morning so I could get my keys and drive Gerry to work and I couldn't find my bag anywhere. It's almost always in the same spot in the front hallway ... we searched the house and couldn't see it. My heart fell into my stomach when I realized where it was. I hung it on the back of the seat at the movie theater yesterday and walked out without it. ACK!

A frantic call to the theater manager revealed that my bag had been returned. Gerry picked it up for me and looked inside. Everything was intact. My camera, my wallet (containing $200, credit cards etc). Thankfully a kind wonderful stranger handed it into lost and found. I LOVE YOU STRANGER!

I can't believe I did that.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Lucky girl!!

Maria Rose said...

Wow! I think that says so much about people. How great.

Anonymous said...

Yay that stranger! It's so good to get a reminder that there are good people everywhere, we just don't hear about them enough.
On Christmas Day we had a picnic lunch (it's summer here...) and the guy from the house next to the park came over to ask if we'd mind if he had some music on while he worked in the garden. Cool, huh?!
Happy new year!

E.K. said...

Wow, lucky!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's so lucky that you got your purse back! Don't feel bad, the same thing has happened to me MANY times, but never with my purse; only my wallet. Once a woman knocked on my door at home, and when I answered it, she handed me my wallet and said she found it next to an ATM machine. I had just deposited some money there an hour earlier, and stupidly left my wallet sitting there! And another time I was flying back to Victoria from an internship in Hawaii, and I left my wallet on the flight from Maui to Honolulu! By the time I realised it was missing, the plane had headed back to Maui. Luckily a passenger had found it in his seat and turned it in to the flight attendant. My friend picked it up for me at the airport in Maui the next day and mailed it to me in Victoria, expedited!

I interpreted all these incidents as a sign that the universe wanted me to get rid of my leather wallet, the last animal product I owned :-)

The Cooking Lady said...

It is nice to see in this day and age, when you...and most of us, would have expected it to be stolen or at least ran-sacked.

There is still some good in the world.

Scott said...

Great story. Something similar happened to me. My father dropped his wallet (loaded with cash and credit cards) at a football game in front of a vendor while we were buying T-Shirts at a football game. He realized it was missing about 30 minutes later and when we backtracked to find it we couldn't believe we found it with the T-Shirt vendor - missing nothing inside!