January 19, 2009

Interview with Gerry Kramer

I was reading Maria Wimmer's blog today and was so inspired by the interview she did with her husband Eric that I decided to interview Gerry.

I didn't tell him what we were doing ... I just started barraging him with questions as he played World of Warcraft.

SARAH: For the record please state your name.
GERRY: Gerry Kramer
SARAH: Is that your given name?
GERRY: Yes.
SARAH: Is that your given name.
GERRY: I guess so. What does that mean? What is this all about?
SARAH: Is that your given name? (asking with more feeling)
GERRY: No.
SARAH: What is your given name?
GERRY: Gerry Anderson
SARAH: Why do you go by Gerry Kramer?
GERRY: I’m not sure. I like the sound of it. And it’s my wife’s last name.
SARAH: Is Gerry Anderson your full name?
GERRY: Yes. (getting up to get a coffee)
SARAH: No. That’s not your full name. Your full name is Gerald Anderson.
GERRY: (laughing from the kitchen) THAT’S WHAT I SAID. You’re not listening to me.
SARAH: (laughing uncontrollably) What?
SARAH: (feeling more composed) Who were you named after?
GERRY: My grandmother.
SARAH: Your grandmothers name was Gerald?
GERRY: Geraldine. What is this?
SARAH: How do you know Sarah Kramer?
GERRY: I married her. (sitting back down to play World of Warcraft)
SARAH: Seriously?
GERRY: Yeah. I’m married to her. That’s how I know her. (sounding frustrated)
SARAH: How was your weekend?
GERRY: How was my weekend? It was good.
SARAH: You’re a tattoo artist. Have you always known you’re an artist?
GERRY: Always.
SARAH: Are you being serious about these questions?
GERRY: YES! (as he continues to play World of Warcraft)
SARAH: What are you most proud of?
GERRY: My wife.
SARAH: Why?
GERRY: For doing all the things she’s done.
SARAH: She didn’t do it alone.
GERRY: Is that a question?
SARAH: No. What I meant to say is she couldn’t have done it without your support.
GERRY: Still not a question.
SARAH: How do you feel about this interview?
GERRY: Pretty wacky.
SARAH: Thank you Mr. Kramer.
GERRY: What? Is that a question? What is this all about Mrs. Gigglypants?

10 comments:

mirandar said...

adorable. i must try this tonight ^_^

E.K. said...

Ha! That was one of my favorite interviews ever, you guys crack me up.

Maria Rose said...

Yeah! It's fun isn't it?

Anonymous said...

That interview was hilarious and also totally sweet at the end. Oh, now I don't feel so bad about being the only vegan I know who plays W.o.W. hardcore.

Miss Rascal said...

Hi hun!
I hope you don't mind that I recommended your cookbooks in my blog today.
I've thought about doing it for a long time but I always forget it due to a lot of DIY in the house.

I borrowed the picture from comondi.com and I hope you don't mind, if you do, I'll remove it.

I love the books and they are awesome since I keep kosher.
Thank you for writing them.

Btw, can I add this blog to my favorite list in mine?

Melanie said...

That made me laugh. I like starting my day with a some laughing. Thanks!

Scott said...

Mrs. Gigglypants.....good interview in made me laugh.

AKM said...

Y'all are so cute. I THOUGHT he had taken your name! Tres cool.

Maria Rose said...

You should check my blog today Sarah. I have another interview that I think you should try out at your home!

Anonymous said...

I love this.
I really really love this.