April 17, 2009

Night terrors

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and yelling things at Gerry and he is NOT pleased about this recent turn of mid-night events.

Last week I suddenly sat up in bed and as I scrambled to turn on the bedside lamp I yelled. "SOMEONE IS IN THE ROOM! Someone is standing in the room!!"
Gerry sat up like a shot and yelled back. "What? WHAT?"
Once the room was illuminated - I took a quick look around and realized I was dreaming. "Never mind" I smiled and patted Gerry on the head and immediately went back to sleep - all the while poor Gerry lay shivering in the dark in fear.

A few nights ago I sat up and started yelling "FERGUS'S COLLAR IS GOING TO GO OFF."
"What?"
"His collar. His collar is going to start going off soon." I said as I frantically grabbed at the darkness to find the dog.
"What are you talking about?"
As soon as I touched Fergus and realized he wasn't wearing a collar I said "Never mind" and went back to sleep while poor Gerry lay shivering in the dark.

I can't wait to see what I yell next. :)

3 comments:

MizzMonsta said...

I have a similar story...

My hubby and I were asleep in our bed. I suddenly sat up, turned on the light and started feeling around the bed for something. My hubby rolled over and asked if I was okay. Then I reached down, grabbed my water bottle, unscrewed the top and yelled "THIS SHOULD COOL YOU OFF!!!!" and threw water on my poor half-asleep hubby. He started shouting "aah aah aaaahhh!" and jumped out of bed. By now I was wide awake and in complete shock of what I'd just done. I tried to roll over and go back to sleep, hoping it was all a dream... Meanwhile my hubby was left soaking wet, very confused and slept lightly for several weeks.

Anonymous said...

Poor Gerry.

Years ago I was staying at a friends (parents) place, I sat up in the middle of the night and stuck my hand in the air. He asked me what it was and I said "the signs, man, I figured out the signs". He replied "oooo-kaaay" and I turned toward him and muttered "yooouuuuu" menacingly then lay back down for the rest of the night, while he spent the next few hours worrying I was going to strangle him.

Anonymous said...

it's funny what we do in our sleep. A couple of years ago...when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse, I started screaming at the top of my lungs; apparently this went on for quite a while...my husband bolted upright and starting shaking me to wake me up, the dog was running around the bed totally freaked out...I finally woke up and was like what's your problem...what's going on? He's like "what's going on???!! You sound like you're being murdered. The neighbors probably called the cops." Needless to say he was awake for the next few hours. And me? I went right back to sleep.