February 17, 2007

Moo Shoes ROCKS!

We got up pretty early today and had plans to do The Moma but got sucked into Times Square where all time stops and you're unable to do anything but walk like a zombie and bump into other people. Ahhh....


We finally got outta there and sat in St. Patricks Cathedral and just chilled. That place is so huge you can't even understand how big it is, even when you're staring right at it.

Gerry was a little gobsmacked as well...
We walked by Rockefeller Center and watched the skaters...

Then we hit the subway and headed to Moo Shoes for the book signing. The girls always know how to throw a good party and they had treats from Vegan Treats for everyone to sample. Gerry kinda over did it and ended up with a sugar hang-over.

I got to meet some fantastic people.



And my friend Leigh came and brought Fergus a present... Such a sweetie!!
And I FINALLY got to meet Isa and Terry (not in the photo) from PPK in person. Isa and I have been e-mail buddies for years, but have never met before. She's a doll.

I also hung out a little with Bowery the Moo Shoes cat... but not too close cause he'll scratch your eyes out if you get too cosy with him. I also hung with Helen or is it Edith? Oh no. I can't remember her name... either way, I love her.
And then Gerry and Isa had a Herbivore Clothing moment... it could have been embarrassing wearing the same outfit to a party, but they both took it in stride and made the best of it.


By the end of the day I felt like this... who is this? I can't tell the black and white ones apart... :)


So now we're going to bed. It's 9:34pm on a Saturday night in NYC and I'm going to bed. I am such a loser.

THANK YOU ERICA, SARAH, JUSTIN, TOM and all the staff at Moo Shoes! You made today sooo much fun.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought Isa might go and ALMOST brought Vegan with a Vengeance for her to sign, but i guess i missed her! ah well! she lives in brooklyn and i have never met her and you live what, 3000 miles away and i have met you twice?! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

i thought Isa might go and ALMOST brought Vegan with a Vengeance for her to sign, but i guess i missed her! ah well! she lives in brooklyn and i have never met her and you live what, 3000 miles away and i have met you twice?! hahaha!

karen said...

It was really nice to meet you. Sounds like you did some great stuff while you were here. My friend and I had lunch at Teany before we came to see you.

I think it's great that you post pics of us with you! I was trying on the earth shoes I bought and turned around and saw Isa and then noticed Terry behind her... Between the 3 of you I felt like I was celebrity spotting!