December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

I love New Years. Not because I like to party like a rock star but because it’s a chance to reflect back on the last 364 days and see if I'm pointed in the right direction. Like most self-employed people with several business to attend to at once - the last thing on my to-do list is “take care of me”.

Well, I pledge to myself (and now that it’s on the internet - perhaps I’ll stick to it) that 2009 will be the year of Sarah.

What does this look like?
-
 I will strive for excellence, not perfection.

- I will be grace under pressure.

- I will pick my battles and let the rest slide off my back like water on a duck.

- I will turn off my computer at 6pm and not check my e-mail until morning.

- Most importantly ... I will be kinder to myself.

2009 is going to be awesome!!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Happy New Year to you too Sarah. Thanks so much for your inspirational and fun posts this year. Janey xx

Anonymous said...

Wow--That was a great post...bring on 2009!

Anonymous said...

Yes, please, take good care of yourself, Sarah!
Best wishes for 2009,
Alice

E.K. said...

I'm going to test you from time to time in 2009 with e-mails after 6pm, I better not get a response! Although I might then think we're no longer friends and I'll ask you why you ignored my e-mails.