April 17, 2008

The flight of the Bumblebee...

My last day in Denver was a beauty! I opened my curtains to sunny skies and warm winds. Ahhh spring is in the air. Although I do have to say that the air here is pretty dry. I felt like a dried up old prune and was ready to go home to the Pacific NW where moisture droplets hang in the air like hummingbirds, kissing your face with dew.... but I digress.

Maria picked Josh and I up from the hotel and we hit City O' City again for brunch.
I love Josh. I don't get to see him as much as I'd like so thank goodness for Denver Veg Fest bringing us back together.
After brunch we dropped Josh off so he could catch his plane and Maria and I went to The Vance Kirkland Museum to visit her husband Eric at work and watch him give a tour.
The museum was amazing. ... being able to see where and how Vance did his paintings was really cool.
The dude hung from the ceiling to paint! That's dedication!!

Besides his paintings there is also on display over 3300+ works of 20th century decorative arts. So I was in freaking Mid-Century chair HEAVEN!!

This is one of my favs... wouldn't this look great on my balcony??
We left Eric to his work and hit up Ahimsa Footwear. What a lovely little store... I'm cursing myself now that I'm home that I didn't buy those boots I tried on. Dang it.
Then we headed back to the house where I FINALLY got to meet the famous Bumblebee.
We became fast friends.

My evening with The Wimmers was mellow and wonderful. Good food. Good friends and lots of dog hair. ha ha. Check out IANDI art movement. Both Maria and Eric are amazing artists. Maria made me the greatest little painting ... but sadly it wasn't dry enough for me to take home.

SO A BIG BIG THANK YOU again to Denver Veg Fest for putting on such a stellar event!

Thanks to everyone who came out!! Especially to Dan an Ashley for taking such good care of me.

I can't wait for Veg Fest 2009!!

4 comments:

E.K. said...

Bumblebee later told me her hair was meant to be a gift from her you you. I won't tell her you removed it from your clothes.

Oh, and she's crazy about that toy ball!!!

Sam said...

I'm in love witht that yellow chair. When I was younger, my favorite spot in the library was in a corner with a chair just like that. We used to call them "M&M chairs" for obvious reasons.

Jane said...

I WANT Bumblebee! Oh, what a gorgeous, gorgeous, beautiful dog!!!! :-)

And Sarah, you always look so damn healthy in your photos. What a great advertisement for you veganism you are!

Melanie said...

Vance Kirkland. Wow. Thanks for the intro.